How can we feel comfortable doing anything else ignoring prayer?!
How can we ignore the 5 daily prayers when we know the below,
– It is the first matter that the slave will be brought to account for on the Day of Judgment.
– Missing prayer is a major sin!
– It was made obligatory upon all the prophets and for all peoples.
– The obligatory status of prayer was declared during the
majestic occasion of prophet’s PBUH ascension to heaven.
– Prophet (peace be upon him) stated the most virtuous deed is prayer three consecutive times when a man asked and then on the fourth occasion he stated, “Jihad in the way of Allah.”
– “Verily, the prayer keeps one from the great sins and evil deeds” (al-Ankaboot 45)”
– The five daily prayers and the Friday Prayer until the Friday prayer are expiation for what is between them.” (Recorded by Muslim)
– The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “The most burdensome of prayers for the hypocrites are ‘Isha’ and Fajr. If only they knew what (reward) there is in them, they would come to them even if they had to crawl. I was thinking of ordering that the call to prayer be given, then I would tell a man to lead the people in prayer, then I would set out with some men carrying bundles of wood and go to people who do not attend the prayer, and burn their houses down with them inside.”
– Abu Dawood (561), al-Tirmidhi (223) and Ibn Maajah (781) narrated from Buraydah (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “Give glad tidings to those who walk to the mosques in the dark, of perfect light on the Day of Resurrection.”
– “Whoever prays ‘Isha’ in congregation, it is as if he spent half the night in prayer, and whoever prays Subh (Fajr) in congregation, it is as if he spent the entire night in prayer.” Muslim (656)
– al-Bukhaari (555) and Muslim (632) narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “Angels come to you in succession by night and by day, and they meet at Fajr prayer and at ‘Asr prayer, then those who stayed among you ascend and He (Allah) asks them, although He knows best, ‘How did you leave My slaves?’ They say: ‘We left them when they were praying and we came to them when they were praying.’